Sunday 13 May 2018

The condemned man.



Being measured for the noose. He's taking it very bravely.

At every wedding I've ever attended, one is asked "Bride or Groom?", then shown to the appropriate side of the aisle. If this is the case with 'Arry and Megs, there won't be many sitting on the Bride's side; four or five maybe?

As Megs is a divorcee, traditionally she will NOT be wearing white meringue. With only a week to go, newspaper fashion editors can't wait to see how her 'frock' will be.

Things to look out for at Saturday's ceremony: Facial expressions from Beatrice and Eugenie. Lip-reading Phil the Greek. Megs forgetting 'Arry's name. Yawns. Boredom. Children being sick.

They tell me that there will be street parties, with bunting, and jellies; well I hope it doesn't rain for them. It's bad enough having to drink Orange squash, or Robinson's barley water, whilst pretending to be enjoying yourself; let alone being excited for some couple you've never met.

Hey Ho. It'll be the wedding of the week.

I've decided NOT to go.


21 comments:

  1. The brother from Mexico gate-crashing the nuptials. That'd be something. Ole'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect there'll be all sorts of fun and games.

      Delete
  2. Oh I'm sorry you've decisde not to attend. I was hoping to see some photos of you in a morning coat and tie :)
    Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It leaves a seat for someone who might not otherwise have been able to attend. I'm a kindly soul.

      Delete
    2. Maria, I was sorry Italy didn't win the Eurovision with their anti-war song. The official video is subtitled so that's better than singing in English in my opinion. In fact I'd say a song in the contest ought to be in the native language of the country entering it. Be far more interesting.

      Delete
    3. And seeing as they all seem to hate the English, it makes it all more surprising.

      Delete
    4. I did not watch the Eurovision Gwil. x

      Delete
    5. I only watched YouTube videos.

      After the first semi I thought it'd be better I not to watch the following two shows because of flashing lights and other disturbance.

      Delete
  3. You mean you are not using your invite after all. You could try selling it on E Bay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you get me a pair of World Cup tickets for the England opening game! Boris has one he won't be using for sure, and his boss has the other.

      Delete
    2. The opening English FIGHT will be more entertaining than the MATCH. I can get you an invite to that!

      Delete
    3. The best thing will be the analysis and comments from the 'Special One'.

      Delete
  4. I shall be glued to the screen, can't wait to see B & E's hats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah the hats! Yes I'd forgotten about those. Bring 'em on!

      Delete
  5. I will watch it ...... we are really good at pomp and ceremony and I like seeing the posh frocks !!!! I think the weather is going to be nice. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it'll be nice; it's my day for sowing beans.

      Delete
  6. Cro, me ol' mate, you are letting your team down by not attending. I was so hoping for a juicy and outrageous morsel from you, but it can't be if you are not there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sending a representative; you'll be able to read all about in the SMH.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...