Tuesday 19 September 2017

Los Albertos - 'Fall From Grace'.


My very favourite 'local band' are Brighton's own Los Albertos. Named after the pub' where they used to drink, and eventually formed the band (The Albert), they are a bunch of wayward, very talented, Brightonians who play great ska, klezmer, and other up-beat music. When I was living in Brighton I would often see them at the infamous Komedia Club; there was never a dull moment.

This should get the blood flowing on a cool autumn morning. Looks like it was recorded at the Komedia too.





12 comments:

  1. Get your blood flowing? I had the sound turned up rather high and it woke me up with a jolt and got me out of bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No idea what Klezmer is but I enjoyed that Cro. A good looking lot aren't they? I lived in Brighton in the 70's..seems an age ago now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Klezmer is up-beat Jewish (and other) dance muic. Think 'fiddler on the roof' with attitude.

      I only bought my Brighton home in 1985-ish, but lived nearby since 1960. Great town.

      Delete
    2. That should of course read music, not muic.

      Delete
  3. That certainly got my juices flowing - if I didn't have a bad knee/ankle I could even have been persuaded to dance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's even better live; very raucous and wild.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. That's exactly what they are Frances, with a bit of 'danger' thrown in.

      Delete
  5. Very cool and autumnal this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My long trousers have made an early re-appearance. Closing the pool tomorrow!

      Delete
  6. I'm glad a persisted to where the vocals began. I can imagine how well it would go down in a pub.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...