Tuesday 17 August 2010

Muscat.

One of the lesser known wines of France must be this Muscat de Rivesaltes.

As you can probably see by the picture, Lady Magnon and I drink it in very small quantities, and very cold. Just the thing for elegant early pre-dinner drinks.

Muscat is always over 15% Alc, and (so they tell me), accompanies Foie Gras to perfection. The bottles are somewhat fancy, but, happily, the contents are always good; its quality is highly controlled.

Generally I'm not a fan of sweet white wines (I can't stand Sauternes, other than as a post tooth-brushing mouthwash), but a little cold Muscat on a warm evening... just the ticket. I think it's always worthwhile having a bottle in the fridge.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. I might have to give this a try, just in order to acquire the really pretty bottle of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, I'm not a fan of white wine in general, but I would try this on a hot day. And I agree with Sue, very pretty bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a huge fan of sweet wines, but icy cold and served by you, in one of these delightful vintage glasses, I couldn't refuse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cro for the introduction to this wine...I'm going to give it try too...I love the glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm certain you'll enjoy it, Victoria. If you don't, send it to me and I'll replace it with something else! Elegant-ish glasses are essential.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful still life with the misty bottle of Muscat and the precious goblets. Oh to be in France now that summer's here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...