Tuesday 11 July 2023

Fat Max


We've just bought a new toy.

'Fat Max' is a Karcher in Stanley clothing. It does exactly the same job, but was about 30 centimes cheaper.

We had become perturbed by the ageing of our poolside flagstones, they had begun to look dirty rather than aged, and we decided we wanted them back to almost 'pristine'.


Fat Max does everything we've asked of him. The flags are now cleaned of nearly 20 years of black mould/algae/lichen, and are looking reasonably like new again. Normally I love the signs of ageing, but not around the pool.

The photo below doesn't to justice to his cleaning powers, but once they're swept clean, and dried, they will look wonderful. You can easily see the difference the pressure-cleaning makes.


I really don't know why we didn't buy one before.

20 comments:

  1. Fatmax only have a handheld waterblaster here. We like their products though and have quite an assortment. I particularly like their blower and flashlight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the only one I've known, and it works very well.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Lady M's been playing with it more than me. She loves it.

      Delete
  3. what a difference! It will look like you've had new paving around the pool. ( apart from a new toy)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is 30 centimes really that much difference? Is it cents or dollars? The clean tile shows how well it works :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In reality it was probably about $5 cheaper than the Karcher. But, frankly, I prefer to buy Stanley than Karcher.

      Delete
  5. I would say that Stanley is a better brand than Karcher. It is amazing how pressurised water can get rid of the accumulated muck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karcher imagined that they had world dominance; well they don't! Yes, it's done a grand job.

      Delete
  6. Well done Fat Max. Now you sit back with your elderberry champagne and enjoy the results

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Elderflower Champagne didn't work this year; I forgot to add the White Wine Vinegar.

      Delete
  7. I don't think I've seen Stanley products here, so I have a Kärcher, which has done excellent service. Lidl also seem to make similar products, which are much cheaper, but work just as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect they're all made in China at the same factory; just a different overcoat.

      Delete
  8. Your pool stone decking looks outstanding. I did not know that Stanley made Fatmax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor did we. We went to buy a Karcher, but noticed the Stanley. It was a tad cheaper too.

      Delete
  9. Did Lady M draw rude pictures in the 'muck' with the jet of water, then spray them away again? I always do when pressure washing our drive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a version, don't know the brand. It does a brilliant job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What great machines they are; I had no idea.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...