Friday 19 October 2018

More on 'favourite walls'.


I mentioned in passing yesterday that I have a 'favourite wall' in my own garden.

It's a very roughly constructed retaining wall, where the tops of protruding stones have become covered with moss.

                          

All sorts of creatures live amongst its nooks and crannies; it must be a wonderful place to live. Prime animal real estate!

And here (below) are a few Parasols, just to show that we're not starving, as far as mushrooms are concerned! We ate them for lunch.





11 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to live somewhere that moss and wee green plants nestle in and grow on a wonderful wall.

    cheers, parsnip and badger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's underneath our huge Oak tree; known as The Royal Oak.

      Delete
  2. Most of the fields around here are bounded by dry stone walls Cro and in winter all manner of little animals live in them - stoats and weasels in particular seem to favour them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen Mice, Lizards, Snakes, and Weasels in this one, very eclectic.

      Delete
  3. Rock walls always remind me of Uncle Frank and how he used to find coins in the cracks when we were children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially that huge 'chair' on Offa's Dyke. He was always reaching in and finding coins.

      Delete
  4. If you don't post tomorrow, then I will assume that there was an Amanita Phalloides lurking amongst your haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know my Parasols, but I did almost pick a dodgy white mushroom whilst gathering Field Mushrooms recently. It's strange that the most popular wild mushrooms in the UK are Field Mushrooms, yet they are probably the easiest to confuse.

      Delete
  5. Lizards love old walls with nooks and crannies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the things I miss on my side of the Island is dry stone walls. As you say, they can be home to so many creatures and things.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...