It has just been announced that a group of over 600 UK Charity shops have recently got together to help the unemployed find work.
They have promised to clothe a job-seeker appropriately, for any interview he or she might attend, for just £10. A laudable initiative.
So, to add my own bit of encouragement to those who are looking for work, I would like to offer these few handy tips for that dreaded interview.
1. Don't chew gum.
2. Don't have tattoos that come either above the collar, or beyond the sleeves.
3. Don't wear a 'hoodie'; go to Oxfam instead, they'll help. On no account wear clothes with Adidas or Nike written all over them.
4. Remember that the verb 'to go', does not mean 'to say'.
5. And try not to litter every sentence with the word 'like'.
6. Have a wash before you go.
7. Don't swear.
8. Don't write predictable clichées all over your CV. None of that 'I'm punctual, hard working, and a team player' type of rubbish; and do use spellcheck.
9. Don't fart.
10. Treat your interviewer with some respect; but not overly so. No arse-licking.
Of course, if you are applying for a job as a professional Football player, or to be on some TV reality show, you can ignore all of the above!