Tuesday 5 July 2011

Couscous Recipe No 1.

I've been buying this make (and one other) of Couscous for nearly 40 years; ever since I moved south of the channel.

During all those 40 years, the back of the 'Regia' Couscous packet has ALWAYS offered its 'cut-out-n-keep' No 1 recipe for 'Couscous with Lamb and Vegetables'.

Is there a No 2 recipe? Did they simply scratch their beards after No 1? Maybe recipe No 1 was simply so good that they thought it unnecessary to offer a second! Maybe there was never any intention to offer a No 2 recipe, and it was all just a big scam to keep you buying; just in case (for 40 years?)!

The other major manufacturer of Couscous sold in France is 'Tipiak'; maybe I'll start to buy their packs again in hope of finding something different on the back!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. Hello:
    How very strange!! Perhaps, as you say, once perfection has been reached, then there is really no need to look further.

    We do like Couscous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We simply love couscous,we don't have it overly often but when we do it is a favourite(Mums dietary needs take over a lot of our meals ).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello and Bon jour Cro. I thought I would come over and meet you properly and find out what goes on in Lumberjack.
    I have to admit I have fallen in love, with Monty that is LOL
    I did enjoy the film of him swimming. My lurchers love to swin, I'm told that is unusual for lurchers.
    Anyway, nice to meet you and yours, blessings, Kath

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe by number one they mean "in the land" and there is no other you should be concerned with. I have tried the dreaded couscous eeeeeyuck!!!!!!! Each to their own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Share the recipe please Cro.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Couscous is OK, but I am a convert to quinoa. I have followed the recipe on the box, but for the past few years, I have become a fan of All Recipes on the Internet. There are so many different ways to prepare this grain and I love to try new ideas. Some work, other's don't, but you live and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dicovered it a couple of years ago...but have to "dress it up" to make it tasty enough for us. Maybe, they need a few pointers....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...