Monday, 7 September 2026

Travelling drunks


I don't know what happens to some people when they travel, but many seem to search-out the nearest bar and drink themselves into stupidity.

I often used to see people on early morning ferry sailings, sitting at the bar downing pints by the dozen. I've also seen them at airports, throwing them back before their flights leave. All this leads to only one thing; drunkenness.


This idiot above is a classic example. He is 67 year old Arthur Lundeen from Arizona, who started fighting and being abusive mid-flight. Luckily a few 'hefties' were on hand to tape him up and restrain him. The flight was detoured, and the fool thrown off.

When we recently returned from France, we each had a half-bottle of red wine with our (very good) meals, but we certainly wouldn't have had more.

People such as Lundeen drink to get themselves drunk. They really should be on a 'life-time-ban' list, and kept off planes and ferries for ever. Barmen/women are also partly to blame; they should see the signs and stop serving these people.

 

7 comments:

Sue G said...

I blame the airports and the planes themselves. Neither should be selling alcoholic drinks at all and no-one should be allowed on a plane if they have been drinking. It's a health and safety issue for everyone and quite simply should be banned. If people cannot survive a few hours on a flight without alcohol then they shouldn't be flying at all.

Cro Magnon said...

Absolutely.
I've even seen a party of School Children on the France Ferry buying duty free Vodka, and becoming paralytic. They were vomiting everywhere.

JayCee said...

Alcohol and insufficient brain cell functions do not go well together.

Cro Magnon said...

But, sadly, they do tend to go together.

local alien said...

You're going away on holiday, you're free, relaxed. Time for a drink or 2 or 3. He'd probably been looking forward to more than a few duty free drinks for months. He also obviously lacks in a few brain cells.
How many times do you read of those lager louts causing problems on the plane, at the resort. Their idea of a holiday is getting blotto as fast as possible every day. And so many get nasty.
Love the way they bind them up and absolutely immobilise them. And then it's the magistrates court and the cells.

Cro Magnon said...

On several occasions I've been in the same foreign hotels with these idiots. At night they get drunk, cause trouble, then sleep until the following evening when they do it all again (with a short break for a McD at some stage).

Yorkshire Pudding said...

"All this leads to only one thing; drunkenness..." I disagree. It also leads to the need to urinate. All those numbskulls who drink alcohol at airports have to visit the toilet on aeroplanes in flight - inconveniencing or disturbing passengers who sensibly opted not to drink. If I were the boss, I would shut down all bars at airports.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...