Recently we were 11; now we are 2. The family are now all back at their various homes (or very nearly).
The Cherub (above), his big brother Boo Boo, and their dad Wills are back in Thailand after a week doing dangerous things in the Swiss Alps, and safer things in Zurich.
Tenpin, and son Finn, are back in Brisbane after a week or so in Rome, Naples, and on The Amalfi Coast. Her No1 son, GHG, was at home in Oz, working.
Kimbo and Suzie have been back in Brighton for a while (he's had more promotion). Not quite sure where Suave Harve is (possibly back in Oxford), and I think Ollie is in London, before starting Uni at Nottingham in September.
That just leaves US. We're still in France, relaxing, and suddenly feeling very 'alone'.
8 comments:
I didn't know Tenpin was headed to Rome. I have just been chatting to a former classmate who lives in Rome and whose family still runs Babington's English Tea Rooms there.
She and Finn hired scooters, and visited all the sites at great speed. Better than taking a bus or taxi.
But how marvellous to have had your family around you this summer... Oops, sorry! I just remembered that I am not meant to say nice things on this blog. I will try harder to be as curmudgeonly as you are in future!
You're allowed to be 'nice', but I have to sit down first. N.B. I am never curmudgeonly.
A well travelled family it seems.
They are all undaunted; unlike me, who is a stay-at-home-boy. They were all brought-up in France, so travel comes naturally to them.
I can see a resemblance to you in the Cherub.
Are you trying to say that I look Cherubic??? No chance!
Post a Comment