Monday 1 January 2018

Wishing season.


                                   Résultat de recherche d'images pour "white rabbit"

I'm really not superstitious, but before I utter another word on every first day of every month I have to say "White Rabbit, White Rabbit". The first of January being extra special.

What effect does this have? Well, it annoys Lady Magnon, because I always give her a dig in the ribs in the early hours, so that she utters likewise. It also guarantees great wealth, perfect health, and an invisible barrier against those who would otherwise disturb our highly treasured tranquility.

Will it work in 2018? I'm not too sure!

Certain things are beyond the ability of my albino Rabbits, but if I had total control over them, they would be ordered to divert the rivers of Alpheus and Peneius, and clear the nearby stables of their fast accumulating, and stinking, excrement.

I may not be Heracles, but controlling my "White Rabbits" would at least give me some hope.

Happy new year!

P.S. After writing the above, I hear that someone has reported my neighbour to the 'authorities' for building a terrace without planning permission. Yet more proof that our tiny hamlet community has become a cesspit of jealousies, hatred, and retributions.

And it used to be such a calm and pleasant place to live; woe is me!



26 comments:

  1. The world will always have nasty, mean-spirited people. We just have to be glad they are not our family or friends.

    White rabbit, white rabbit, (just in case).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After 45 years of perfect calm, we now seem to be surrounded by unpleasantness. C'est la vie!

      Delete
    2. Planning permission seems important to me.

      Delete
    3. In this case they didn't need it, as they were simply renewing something that had been there previously.

      Delete
    4. Well that's ok, the country side is no longer what it has been. People are jealous and unkind, but as you may know under Petain French betrayed their Jewish neighbours without any shame.

      Delete
  2. I have always said "White Rabbit" three times. It must have come down from the Jones's as, when Cousin Arthur phoned me for my birthday the subject of seeing in the New Year came up and saying "White Rabbit" and he said they all do it andand say it three times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twice has always been enough for me, some just say it once! It's worked so far.

      Delete
  3. There is a troubled country to your north know to us as Ole Blighty. It might be a good place of refuge from your spoilt and idyllic village, that is becoming rather spoilt and less idyllic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are considering 'over wintering' back in Blighty in the near future. Not for reasons of unpleasant neighbours, but simply for ease of heating, access to good restaurants, and to be closer to a son and family for Christmas.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad I saw your picture; white rabbit, white rabbit, white rabbit!
    May this be a good start for everyone.
    Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been saying just ‘ rabbits ‘ since a child on the first of the month ...... that’s obviously where I’ve been going wrong !!!
    Happy New Year Cro ...... have a wonderful one. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each to his/her own. One Rabbit, two Rabbits, or three Rabbits. The choice is yours!

      Delete
  6. I have never actually said rabbit rabbit rabbit. They were always shot where I came from and it wouldn't be good form to have been heard saying rabbit rabbit rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn. That's where I've been going wrong. To mention rabbits on the Isle of Portland gets you thrown out of pubs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It used to send our dog (Hamlet) crazy too.

      Delete
  8. I said that for the first time after reading your post. I hope it works. Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will notice a remarkable difference in your life from now on. If NOT, please complain to Jeremy Corbyn.

      Delete
  9. I am a white rabbits person too Cro although it didn't do me much good last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep believing Weave; this year might surprise you!

      Delete
  10. Oh dear. Once was quite enough for me mais quelle domage I forgot to say it today: the most important first day of them all. I am, however, back in Blogland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to have you back Graham, now make sure you stay here.

      Delete
  11. Your blog is very useful for me,Thanks for your sharing.

    soy'vvow]oN

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...