Wednesday 25 September 2013

Not for the 'easily shocked'!




There is one corner of the studio that I have not previously photographed. Not only is it where I keep a few bottles of elixir, but it is also home to this rather odd, and slightly rude, 'artefact'.

My youngest, Wills, was somewhere in either Mexico or Guatemala when he came across it at some village market. He bought several of them and had them shipped back to the UK as curiosities. The original supports (crosses) were soon eaten away to dust by South American bugs, and I replaced mine with some rustic bits of Chestnut.

I really have no idea what it is supposed to represent; but I can imagine!

If you own something similar, or have any information about its origins, I'd be most interested to hear about it.


Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

  1. Some sort of representation of the usual initiation ceremony to the House of Commons perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think maybe if it is prayed to it each day it may increase one's libido. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure it's the right way up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I thought that you might have something to say about this one, Jack@!

      Delete
  5. funny. My Mother would snap it off and then when you weren't looking have taken it home and burnt it.

    lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha I just thought as I pressed publish,

    Demon Drink... oh I am not with it today am I

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it something to give to a relative who is ultra-conservative?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Macabre to say the least. Can't think what it is meant to represent but then maybe it is just made for the tourist market to give them a puzzle over what it is meant to be. Otherwise whatever it is is probably too rude to write about!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think they were made to be given as gifts to fine upstanding members of the community. Cough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am feeling very covetous of this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...