Monday 6 September 2010

Andy Fairweather-Low - Wide Eyed and Legless

I can't get rid of this blank space. Sorry! Just scroll down a bit.


















Maybe I have strange taste in music, but this has to be one of my all time favourite records. It really takes me back to the days when I was foot-loose-and-fancy-free (and probably wide-eyed and legless as well).

I'm not certain, but I think A F-L wrote this after his wife (or girlfriend) left him; she just couldn't cope with his heavy drinking.

I see that Georgie Fame is playing on keyboard; I don't think he was ever a member of any of Andy's bands. I also notice that the audience is made up of balloon waving children; an odd choice of song to play for kids, but maybe they didn't listen to the words!

Nowadays A F-L often works as Eric Clapton's guitarist; a sure reason to be convinced of his huge talent!

6 comments:

  1. Sorry - I've always hated this one, but there are a load of duff tunes from the same period that I like too (for some reason). Everyone said they hated Abba at the time, but secretly bought the records...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goody, now I can 'fess up to having liked Amen Corner.

    Wordpress plays around with formatting too. Grr..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady M is an Abba fan.... but that's just because she's Swedish.

    If paradise is half as nice....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever heard it before, but it has a nice happy flow to it—kind of a mix of Am Pop and country. It's Saturday night music. He looks a little cooped up in that glass box though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We often like records through association. It must have meant something at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another strange one here Cro because I like that one too. I remember it first time round!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...