As you might already know, we have a new Prime Minister in the UK. Here he is (above) with some people who are encouraging him to move to the USA (at least, I presume that's what their placards are saying).
He was only recently elected as an MP, and immediately assumed that he had some divine right to lead his party, and the country (politically). The old PM (Starmer) immediately resigned, and Handy Andy took over. Simple as that.
Over the past two weeks, since his heavenly inauguration, he's been wandering about, shaking hands and kissing babies, so now he's exhausted, and he's gone off on holiday. Well, you would, wouldn't you!
He's made a few instant policy decisions, including letting perverts and dangerous criminals out of prison early, so they've got more space for TV Licence dodgers and speeding motorists. He's also having a go at those same motorists, by making older cars more expensive to run, and older drivers despair. I'm even considering my own future on the road, although how I'd cope I really don't know.
His first couple of weeks in power are not giving us much confidence; unless you're a criminal, an illegal immigrant, or on the dole. If you lead a normal working life, with a home, a mortgage, and a car, then he's coming for your money! And if you're an OAP, he'll definitely make sure you are poorer.
The one good thing that he's promised, is to look into the whole 'Care Homes', Carers, Caring, business. The whole kaboodle is run by a bunch of money-grubbing shysters, who have all become multi-millionaires, whilst their elderly clients become penniless. The whole system really needs to be given a good shake-up. We now wait to see if Andy's concern is just 'words'. The present system is a criminal bloody DISGRACE. If he can sort-out the worst of these scoundrels; he'll have my support.
I'm looking forward to the next round of PMQ's in September, to see how the new boy fares against Kemi. She's a tough cookie, and takes no prisoners. I just hope (unlike the previous numpty) that he actually ANSWERS her questions.

20 comments:
Unfortunately, 'Our Andy' is just another died-in-the-wool socialist spendthrift windbag. Look at his first action - double the cost of being PM by setting up the charade of "No 10 of the North", as if he and his minions will ever see any of the real North (like Newcastle, Darlington, Middlesbrough, Carlisle etc). And what of his so-called brilliant track record as mayor of Manchester - more than a £billion in debt, out of control rough sleeping (but he's going to wipe that out at a stroke as PM?!?!)....
I remember his time as Health Secretary under Blair - utterly useless.
And let's not forget, he was rejected three times when he stood for leadership of the Labour Party, so why does everyone think that he is some kind of New Age Messiah??
Sorry, rant over, must calm down for Sunday morning ...
I'm not sure that Burnham is riding on the crest of a wave and invigorating the current Labour Party. There isn't quite that feel good factor that Tony Blair brought in after the 1997 Election victory, although he eventually proved to be the architect of Britain's decline.
Is a new name at the top of the Labour Party really going to change the Electorate's opinion of Labour?
From what I've been reading over the last two years during the catastrophic short Starmer years, people have had it with Labour and they would be quite happy to send them to the heap of political has beens, just like they did with David Lloyd George and his Liberal Party in 1922, who never again saw full political power again. Could that ever happen to Labour? The thought alone must horrify any hardline Socialists.
The country requires change. But I don't think Burnham is going to provide it. Only a Party that puts British people first will appeal to the Electorate. And Labour are still continuing NOT to put British people first.
Does a new name at the helm
As with all politicians, he will be popular with those who will benefit financially, and unpopular with those who have to pay. At the moment that seems to be the illegal immigrants, the lazy, and the scoundrels who will benefit, and the hard working Brits who will have to support them.
I was never a fan of Blair, but at least one had the feeling that he was educated, and spoke common sense. Of course he later let himself down with his lies about WMD's etc. Burnham is no Blair. Andy's first 100 days will reveal all.
I missed the news about making older cars more expensive to run. What changes is he proposing? The only thing I could see was a discussion of requiring over 70s to have a mandated eye test every three years.
Some people seem to see the political world through rose-tinted spectacles but yours are clearly smeared brown. Mr Burnham may have been on holiday for a short while this summer but there was PM work to do every day. He will make mincemeat of Badenoch.
Cars over 10 years old will have a much stricter MOT, and could be taken off the road. Older drivers will probably have to retake their test, and have an eye-sight test.
I am interested to read your alternative views on different topics. And even more interested on how you respond to comments.
Serious commentators have said that he shouldn't have been off galivanting until after at least a year in office. But after 2 weeks seemed enough for him!
As for Kemi; don't underestimate her.
Some comments are just plain silly (from the usual suspects), but I like to answer most with some thought. I may not always be right!!!
And changes to Vehicle Excise Duty make 20-something aged cars ridiculously expensive to keep on the road.
Thank you for the responses. I have done a bit of research to put our minds at rest:
1. There is no stricter MOT for cars over 10 years old - but the older the car the more likely it will fail the emissions tests
2. The DfT launched its consultation on 3 year mandatory eye testing in January 2026 - so that’s nothing to do with Burnham
3.A DfT spokesperson had categorically debunked the myth that over 70s will need to retake their test.
4.the post CO2 tax trap effect (cars registered between 2001 and 2017) are taxed based on CO2 emissions has nothing to do with the current labour government. Which party was in power in2017🤔
If all these things are NOT TRUE, why did they recently make announcements that they were?
I will echo your words to Meanqueen “I may not be right”. I researched each of these and my answers above were what I found. If you can point me to their recent announcements, I’d be happy to eat my words. Oh and, of course, the Daily Mail doesn’t count as a reliable source - I’m with Wikipedia on that one.
I heard it on LBC radio. Unlike you, I don't read The Mail.
You heard it on LBC yet repeated searches reveal the above facts. I know which I would believe. Yes, the Daily Mail is one of the newspapers I read, as well as The Times and The Guardian and now and then The Daily Telegraph and several other papers
I love Kemi! I would vote for her in a (I was going to say a New York Minute but they have a monster in charge there now who has reversed time). There's going to be a wonderful star and sun and moon show on the 12th. I'm looking forward to that. As the star gazer Jack Horkheimer used to say, "Keep looking up!"
You really are a liberal at heart, wanting to shake up the care home shysters, is a wonderfully WOKE idea, welcome to the bright side.
Kemi is a common sense politician. I think she is by far the 'brightest' of our current party leaders. That man in NY is a menace.
Not 'woke' but essential. These people work all their lives to buy a home, then when they really need some care, these awful people come along, treat them badly, and take all their money. I am simply amazed that it is allowed to happen.
Post a Comment