Monday, 20 July 2026

I've missed so much.

 

I've been locked out of my page for almost a month, and so much has happened during that time that I would have loved to have written about! I have really missed my morning bit of nonsense; and your lovely daily comments. So, thank you to Kimbo who has now returned me to 'normal'.

However, as most would probably agree, there has been one major event that has eclipsed all others in recent times. The violent murder of ex-MP, and amateur dancer, Ann Widdecombe.

National Treasure, Ann Widdecombe became a real 'star' when she entered 'Strictly Come Dancing'. She became a TV sensation, admired by people from all quarters. Her violent murder has shocked even the unshockable. A few vile comments from the left simply added to the horror.

One of the aspects about her murder (allegedly by 28 year old Socialist fanatic, Joshua Kerry), was that it was treated very differently to other recently well publicised violent deaths. One that comes to mind was that of a foreign black career criminal, who died whilst being arrested. For some bizarre reason, his death prompted outrage the world over. Even our own PM, and the fragrant Angela Rayner, were photographed on one knee to his memory inside No 10, and many football players, and even a few British Cops, also fell to their knees at the whim of the paparazzi's cameras. It became an obsession. He was treated as a HERO, and even prompted the 'Black Lives Matter' movement.

The horrible death of Ms Widdecombe may not have prompted such photo-opportunities for Starmer & Co, but it shocked decent people throughout the whole country. However, there was no going down on one knee at No 10 in her memory. That was reserved for a foreign criminal. Personally I see her death as far more worthy of such respect from No 10, than the death of some foreign ne'er-do-well. But that is the crazy way of our 21st C world.

RIP Ann Widdecombe. You really didn't deserve such an awful end.

Oh, it's so good to be back online!!!

29 comments:

PaulineA said...

It's lovely to have you back, I have been checking in every day and have missed your posts.

Cro Magnon said...

It's great to be back. I've missed being able to express my opinions about certain events. This one is a good example.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Good to see you back online.

Sue in Suffolk said...

and in time for the new prime minister too!!

Meanqueen said...

That's a relief, you are back. Something to read while I drink my first coffee of the day. Enjoy your family time.

Christina said...

Absolutely dreadful that a woman can be killed, in her own home in such a way and some use her death for their own political agenda. R.I.P. Ann.
On a much happier note, it's so good to have you back. I miss your "meanderings".
Enjoy your family and think how peaceful it will be when they've departed!

Frances said...

Glad that you are back....I missed you yesterday as decided for once not to check on you! Enjoy your family. Are you all sleeping like sardines in the few beds?

Cro Magnon said...

Thank you Sue.

Cro Magnon said...

Today, I believe.

Cro Magnon said...

Don't spill your coffee. I do occasionally have that effect!

Cro Magnon said...

I can still hardly believe that it happened. Poor Ann.
We are already full here, and another three arrive today. Chaos.

Cro Magnon said...

Yes, it's only a tiny cottage, so some strange arrangements have had to be made. We'll manage!

Le Pré de la Forge said...

Welcome back! Missed your posts....

Jennyff said...

As if the murder wasn’t shocking enough the vile comments from the Aberdeen university worker are sickening. I doubt we will ever get back to decency in this two tier country. Pleased to have you back.

Sue G said...

Welcome back Cro, so good to 'see' you again, my day has been instantly improved! So glad that everything is well with you and that you've not shrivelled up in the heat down there.

Traveller said...

Welcome back. Good that Kimbo could sort things out for you.

The murder of the fragrant Ann Widdecombe shocked the country. I disagreed with much of what she stood for other than her opposition to fox hunting.

Don’t really see the comparison with George Floyd who was murdered by a policeman with many people looking on.

Hope the weather is kinder to you.

Cro Magnon said...

I've missed writing them too.

Cro Magnon said...

I don't understand why such people think it's acceptable to write such vile things about someone as honest as AW.

Cro Magnon said...

Hello Sue. Yes it's been a stinker down here, then predictably we had a horrendous storm. It's a more acceptable 35 C today.

Cro Magnon said...

AW was a GOOD person. Her strong religious beliefs may be different to yours and mine, but I respected her for them. I don't know if Floyd was a religious man; I presume not as he was a career criminal. But all that nonsense of going down one one knee in his memory makes me cringe.

Kathe said...

It's so good to hear your Western Civilized Voice of Reason once again. I love thinking of all the "life" gathered around you and your lovely wife. They will leave richer. I wonder what Billy is thinking?

Cro Magnon said...

Billy loves it here, as much as we do. He is a local lad (almost). He comes from Toulouse. He has total freedom.

Kathe said...

And probably unending "treats" from the visitors.

Nelliegrace said...

It is good to read your news again. I hope you have enjoyed your break.
Ann Widdecombe’s murder was appalling. She was a rare politician, a person with principles, who didn’t take herself too seriously.
I never understood the reasoning behind kneeling for the dead american criminal, the act of kneeling seems to show unity with the policeman who knelt, but lying on the floor in front of the cameras would be too humiliating.

Cro Magnon said...

Certainly!

Cro Magnon said...

I found it all very odd, but I imagine that the idea was organised by his family or friends, who no doubt thought he was a very nice person.

New World said...

I assume you were able to follow the news, you were just unable to blog. My blog was still available but I am assuming that unless you have your own blog you are unable to follow posts. I note that the late blogger problem is still on-going and your post of today has only just appeared in my reading list 9 hours late. Rachel

Cro Magnon said...

I really don't know what happened, I was unable to do anything; but Kimbo fixed it. I really have no idea what is happening. Hopefully I shall be back to 'normal' very soon. It's all been very bizarre.

MELODY JACOB said...

It is great to see you back on your page after being locked out for so long, though the news you returned to is incredibly heavy. Hearing about the tragic death of Ann Widdecombe is completely shocking. She was such a massive character on television, especially during her dancing days. You can really feel the frustration in how these major public events get handled differently by the media and the politicians in charge. I hope getting back to your morning routine brings a bit of comfort after being away from your community for a month.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...