As expected, Kimbo arrived here on Thursday afternoon, and by teatime, he had me back into my blog page. It's been about a month since I was last able to post anything.
HOWEVER; on that same evening we had one of the worst storms I've ever experienced here. Not only was it extremely destructive, but our power has been OFF for three days, and we have lost all the contents of the freezer. Meat, Fish, and some Vegs; all in the bin. I shall have to totally re-stock.
Above shows half a huge Oak Tree torn from it's more solid other half. It wasn't far from the house, but luckily fell the other way; others in the village weren't so lucky.
Anyway, we now have a full house, with others still to arrive. We WILL cope, but I'm not sure how. This little house is designed for two people, plus an occasional visitor. At the last count I'm expecting us to be ELEVEN. I'm trying to stay calm.
It's been a very stressful few days, and there is more to come. I'm taking deep breaths, and thinking calming thoughts.
There's some Football competition taking place in the US at the moment, and our Sitting room has been converted into one giant 'Home Cinema'. I'm staying in the Studio until it's all over.


21 comments:
Good to see you back. I guessed the family would be arriving this weekend and you would get computer assistance. Have a great day and look forward to a few posts from you soon. Rachel xxx
Hello Rachel. Yes, lots of family arriving; we have a FULL HOUSE!
Welcome back, enjoy the family and friends. We missed you!
Thank you T. Lots of fun already!!!
What a thrill to see your post this morning! As we humans are wont to do, I fear I had feared worse.... But, you can't keep a good man down. Cheers from Oakdale Farm
Yes I was worried as well...went to your sisters blog and found out you were locked out of your blog. Pleased you are OK. Shame about all that freezer food being given the toss.
Lazarus! Welcome back! I missed you!
I'm so very glad to see your post today. I sure have missed your daily posts. Sounds like you are having a lovely family gathering coming up. I'm glad you survived the storm without any damage to your home. It sure was a shame to have lost all your food in the freezer. That has happened to me before during a hurricane.
Welcome back and have fun with all your family. Let me guess: there is a very special birthday coming up very soon.
Hurray, you're back! We've all missed you much. Such a shame about the food loss...happened to us a few years ago and its so very upsetting. Wishing you and the family a lovely (and rather cozy) time together. Looking forward to the updates!
Cro, This is going to make it seem to us like a shorter stay at your Summer home, due to your unplanned long absence.
But at least you're back on track now.
I'm so glad you're back, Cro! You've been missed my friend! ❤️
Good to see you back. Pity about the freezer and oak tree. Will the whole tree have to be cut down?
I too am sick of that football competition! What I really hate is how it takes pride of place on TV news broadcasts. It used to be confined to the last 5 minutes. Now it pops up anywhere.
Thank you everyone for your kind words. I'm still getting used to the idea of being back. It's been a strange month away.
Welcome back. I've missed you and your French life. 11 people, are, a lot. Presumably they're all helping while you sit around the pool and enjoy the laughter and a bit of bubbly. Terrible about the freezer. Hope you can restock all those delicacies you enjoy so much.
Awesome to read your posts again. You were missed from me in New Zealand.
We've all missed you Cro, in fact I missed this post today as I have guests and didn't get time to look. Welcome back!
Oh, SO good to see you back ... We were all worried about you x
Welcome back, Cro. You have been missed.
Welcome back - we missed your cheerful contributions to our daily read.
Post a Comment