The 'professionals' who criticise Government spending seem to be concentrating on the cost of 'Care for the Elderly'.
There are never easy ways to balance the books, but there are always ways to stop waste. There is always only so much in the coffers, the NHS wants a good chunk, National Defence is always after more, Education has recently been given self-inflicted wounds (which they are perfectly happy about), and of course the 'BENEFITS BILL' is astronomical.
I just did a tiny bit of research. It seems that the amount of people requiring 'Care' in the UK is round about ONE MILLION (figures vary hugely). At the same time we are housing, and paying generously, another ONE MILLION illegal immigrants.
The annual bill to pay for all the illegals is about £5.5 BILLION per annum (nice hotels, pocket money, etc. Prison costs for all their criminals are a different matter). Whilst money to pay for the care for our elderly seems to be running out, and no-one has a solution. Meanwhile the illegals continue to arrive, and we even send boats out to mid-Channel to bring them here.
Now, I have to admit that my knowledge of Government Finance is sorely lacking, but even I can see that something ain't right. We are giving huge sums to people who have no right to be in our country, and have NEVER paid into the system. Yet we haven't enough to pay for our own citizens who have probably paid-in ALL THEIR LIVES, and need some help in their final years.
I haven't yet heard the new boy 'Aye-up Andy' offering any solution to the problem, and somehow I doubt if I will. He is more interested in other matters, such as moving Downing Street up North so he can be closer to his Mum & Dad.


15 comments:
My father is 93 years old. He has a head and neck cancer. It is growing rapidly towards his carotid artery. When it breeches, he will bleed out and death will be within a couple of minutes. He had two serious bleeds from the tumour recently. The tumour is now growing through the skin on his face from inside to outside. The A&E consultant said he is a "ticking time bomb" and must not live alone. Hence he is now in nursing care. I have looked after him day and night for five years.
My father left school at fifteen, went straight into the cotton mill..at nineteen he did three years in the RAF. After that he spent the rest of his working life in the mill. He and my mother worked so very hard.
He will.now have to pay for his care at the cost of almost £7000 a month. I have sold his home for £178,000 . This was my inheritance. It was what both my mother and father wanted to leave me.
I know it's Dad's money and I have no right to it. But it's very unfair.
I don't know what the answer is but surely, an old man who has worked hard in a cotton mill with the heat and the noise and who served his country deserves better.
That's a really tragic tale, and you have my deepest sympathy. Sadly our government think more of illegal immigrants, those on benefits, or the dole, than they do of people like your Dad. I don't know what we can do about it other than with a change of government, but why would all those on generous benefits vote to have them taken away?
Thank you, Cro. Trouble is, it's a political "Hot potato" and no government will deal with it. Teresa May tried to instigate a solution but alas, it didn't get off the ground.
I fear you are right. Love to you and your Dad. xx
I dutifully worked for 45 years because I wanted to pay my way in life. I didn't expect anyone to keep me. There was one short spell of claiming benefits when I changed over from my winter job to a summer job. Three weeks of dole money to pay my rent. Then nearer the end I had to have an operation and when I was ready to go back to work they closed the depot, there was no job to go back to. I always thought that when my time came to retire there would be enough in the state pension pot to see me through to the end. I naively thought that the money I paid in was mine to claim back. I didn't know that the Government squandered it all away, and are still doing so. Their inability to balance their books tells me they are totally incompetent. But are they? No, their devious corruptive practices are part of a world wide corruption of leaders. I know better now. All countries give away money they haven't got. Everything is built on debt. They will never close the floodgates on immigration. The only people who will benefit from handouts now are those who are willfully trafficked around the globe. Those who stayed put and paid into the system will be pushed out to extinction.
And don't forget the £10 Billion we give annually to foreign countries, that is mostly stolen by their corrupt leaders.
It really is a scandal the way our money is thrown around. Personally I have never received a penny from the state, and I have no pension. I have always made my own provision, and kept away from the system. I've always paid-in of course.
After watching the insanity of open borders in my nation I've come to the conclusion this is not accidental. If that is so, then those that hold the power are doing this on purpose. And if that is so, how is it working for "them"? The "them" are those who hold the power through money. Resources. These illegals are resources for "them". The way they can continue this charade is by keeping us from seeing ourselves as one nation, one people. The power brokers are not political. They're like divorce lawyers wanting to keep the conflict going as long as possible so they can milk all the money out of their clients who are irrationally hating each other. We are being played. Your nation, my nation. We have come to a point where ALL of our oxen are being gored. They are killing us by inches. Divide and conquer, then servitude. Your story, Christina, breaks my heart, and makes me angry! Enough people over here in America were angry enough to vote for Trump 3 times! Yes, I said 3!
There will never, ever be smooth or perfect solutions to these constant issues. To me it is not about prioritisation, it's about continuing to battle through the years, balancing things out, negotiating, continuously doing our best to improve efficiency and effectiveness. The Emerald City will always be out of our reach. As a fellow patriot, I am sure you will join me in wishing God speed to Andy Burnham and his refreshed team as this new political chapter gets underway.
I have said it before MP's are voted in by the people, who expect them to serve the peoples wishes, sadly so many once in power serve themselves, trying rise through the system, some even changing parties if they think it's better for them. Each new PM changes the cabinet, ensuring they have people who support their views, without any thoughts for the roles they should tackle. This world is sliding down the pan!
Of course we have to give him time to really let us know what he's up to. The traditional 100 days should suffice. I do hope he doesn't make a mess of things.
In the UK, it seems as if we've had our moment of glory, and now it's up to others to enjoy what we enjoyed for so long. We go downhill, as the less deserving are given everything. As you say, it's being done on purpose.
I hate to watch it happening, and I hate to watch the woke-lovies who support it.
Meanqueen trying hard not to be mean ;o)
Well for starters I’d get rid of the triple lock - that’s about £12b a year. I’d also means test the OAP bus pass. And I agree with the withdrawal of the winter fuel allowance - why should people get a non means tested, un taxed, freebie from the government just because they are old?
As for the old line that a pension isn’t a benefit - it is. If you actually look at the amounts people who are now in the 70s contributed towards a pension, vs how much they have withdrawn you would be surprised.
Post a Comment