Sunday 28 May 2023

Relaxing.

 

We are really looking forward to this.

A couple of comfy chairs underneath the Quince tree, a good book and a glass of something cold, and we'll be very happy. Away from the hussle-bussle of city life for a short while.

Billy will rediscover his old haunts and friends, and we'll be working outdoors on all those essential bucolic tasks that we've missed so much over Winter. 

I shall be out in the woods looking for mushrooms, and both the mower and chainsaw will be working overtime. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm also looking forward to visiting my favourite French supermarket again (Leclerc), and reacquainting myself with all those gourmet delights that are unavailable over here. I'm sure when family visit at some stage over Summer, we'll also visit a few favourite restaurants as well.

Hard work can be very 'relaxing', and 'relaxing' can be very hard work.

26 comments:

  1. it sounds like Heaven, even with the work involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to be outside and working. The one thing I miss in England is not having a good sized garden.

      Delete
  2. Pictures of summer bliss. The quince tree gives marvellous shade. Not long now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These days we remove the small fruits as they start to swell, otherwise in autumn the ground is covered with huge yellow fruits that no-one wants to use. What a shame.

      Delete
  3. Marvellous. I look forward to enjoying it vicariously through your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only a few days to go. It seems to have come around very quickly.

      Delete
  4. Further to yesterday's question: No Vet. Certs etc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has his French passport which has a record of all his jabs. He's fully up to date, so ready to travel. He will visit the Vet' in France just before we return in September. It's all quite simple these days.

      Delete
  5. It sounds idyllic. What about having a larger property in the U.K. so you can garden all year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be nice, but this little house is so perfect for a couple of oldies like us. It has everything we need, besides the garden.

      Delete
  6. Looks like you have a wonderful summer ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tone of this blogpost makes me deduce that you are heading off very soon. Please remember that they drive on the wrong side of the road in France.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I shall do my best to re-educate them.

      Delete
  8. Hope the travel goes smoothly and I will catch up with you on the other side of the channel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please take us along for the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it'll be less of an adventure than when we last travelled through France. The car BLEW-UP.

      Delete
  10. Agree totally with that last sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have no doubt, working the land in France will bring you much pleasure. The fruits of your work will provide great joy. I was once told: Once a gardener, always a gardener.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. If I don't have dirt under my finger nails, I'm not really happy!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...