Monday 20 February 2017

My pal Bok.



Sometimes when I look into his eyes, nothing else in the world matters.

Trump can build his walls, Corbyn can dream of Lenin, and LePen can jump off the Eiffel Tower. I couldn't give a monkeys'.

It's easy to think of dogs as just four legs, a nose, and a bottomless stomach, but they are very complex creatures. I'm sure that Bok understands that he's not one of us humans, but he knows his job and shows utter devotion to his extended 'pack'.

I was sitting with him yesterday morning, just before I took his photo, and I could feel a really strong relationship between us; stronger even that one might have with direct family. He looks at me with total confidence, and knows that, come what may, we'll make sure he's well looked after.

He's been in heaven with the boys here; they adore him too.

It'd be interesting to know exactly what goes on inside his head; but maybe not.

Better to remain 'Canine mystique'.




24 comments:

  1. Does Bok get up in the mornings at the same time you do and waits by his bowl for this breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. He wags his tail to greet me, then goes back to sleep.

      Delete
  2. Something more than 'man's best friend' , a member of the family. A wonderful relation/ship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He has an intelligent face. I'm convinced they can read our minds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks in beautiful condition. You look after him well and deserve his love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has a beautiful coat, but he's very slightly over weight (like myself).

      Delete
  5. Only yesterday i said to my son that i am sure that the dog ubderstands every thing that we are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they understand more than we imagine.

      Delete
  6. They know us so well and love us despite our faults! Bok is looking in good shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he's pretty fit, he certainly has plenty of energy.

      Delete
  7. There's nothing better than a faithful dog, they give us such unconditional love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's never annoying or disobedient. The perfect dog.

      Delete
  8. They give us so much more than we give them. There's nothing on earth any better than the love of a good dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. He's looking at me from his sofa. I think he wants a walk.

      Delete
  9. I think we love them more because they don't speak. You are right about the eyes; they do say all we need to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's just been speaking to me in no uncertain terms; he was hungry. He's now silent again, and lying in front of the fire.

      Delete
  10. Shiny coat, white boots, soulful eyes... Lovely. We always had a dog growing up, a constant companion, but as an adult, I knew we wouldn't have the time or energy to properly look after a dog, so we ended up as cat people. Also nice, but different than a dog. Less bonding, more serving. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the other way round. We always had Cats when we were children, and I only had my first Dog (Hamlet) when I was about 25. Now we have one of each.

      Delete
  11. Oh Bok is beautiful. I agree that the world issues pale when we have a good relationship with man's best friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing like settling down with a dog curled up by your side.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...