Wednesday 13 July 2016

Ratty.

                             

Lady M: Cro, come quickly.

Cro: Can't; I'm busy.

Lady M: You have to, I've just seen a huge Rat.

Cro: That's nice, where was it?

Lady M: At the back of the barn.

Cro: I'll go up later.

Lady M: No, no, you have to come NOW!

Cro: Oh for god's sake; I'm in pain.

Lady M: Bring the Rat trap, I'll get some cheese.

Cro: (a few mins later up at barn): Right where is the cheeky chappie?

Lady M: There. There it is, still in the same place!

Cro: Where?

Lady M: There, there, there, can't you see the bloody thing?

Cro: All I can see is the screw top from a gas bottle; is that what you mean?

Lady M: Is that what it is? I thought it was a Rat.

Cro: You'll have to get new glasses dear. Can I go now?

Lady M: No, set the trap anyway.

Cro: Why, are you hoping to stop the gas bottle top from chewing the carpets ?

(Sets trap; says nothing).



32 comments:

  1. Lady M. needs to go to Specsavers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure does. And learn to set her own Rat trap too.

      Delete
    2. You mean to say she can't - women can do anything these days.

      Delete
  2. Appearances can be deceptive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Question is, what was Lady M doing behind the barn in the first place?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it was a mistake anyone could make ! What were the gas company thinking of, making a top that looks like a rat from a distance - when you need new specs......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall have a word with the Gas Co.

      Delete
    2. …..and book Lady M an appointment with the optician!

      Delete
  5. Well we all make mistakes - and as we get older our eyesight gets a bit more feeble. Better then the other way round (ie seeing a rat and thinking it is only a moving gas bottle top).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll tell her you said that; it might make her feel better.

      Delete
  6. I think you are fighting a losing battle against rats - especially armoured ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think you're going to let Lady M forget this for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh tis nice when the boot is on the other foot Cro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to have the upper hand occasionally.

      Delete
  9. I am pretty sure that if I thought I saw a rat, I'd scream for help also and then be relieved that it was something else. I assume, though, that it was not very bright in the barn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peanut butter is better than cheese (on a rat trap).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sometimes use bacon, which works well.

      Delete
  11. Gosh, just recently I left John Gray a comment about once having to catch a rat. And now you've brought that memory back again.

    Such is life. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At our first farmhouse here we had Rats in the loft which I used to catch in a baited cage. They used to be furious and the only thing to do with them was to lower them into a huge water tank and drown them. Not nice.

      Delete
  12. It was a good comment too frances x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...