Saturday 13 March 2010

Straighten Up and Fly Right.


Above is a picture of the French fighter jet; the Rafale. Rafale translates as 'Gust' or 'Blast'; the word usually being associated with strong wind.

For some bloody reason, the French airforce have decided that my little village is a marker point for their hooligan trainee pilots to use as (a). A place where they can practice 'dog-fights'. (b). A quiet spot where they can break the sound-barrier without disturbing TOO many people. (c). The perfect location for playing 'Brush-the-Peasant's-Chimney-Pot'.

On occasions the noise is unbearable. I can hardly imagine what it must be like if they fired off a missile as well!

I'm now wondering if someone, at sometime, didn't strike a deal with the French airforce; in exchange for dosh, maybe? Otherwise I would have thought that our Mayor would, by now, have had words with them, and told them to eff-off elsewhere.

The title to this posting, 'Straighten Up and Fly Right', is from a song that was probably best interpreted by Nat King Cole or The Andrews Sisters. Both versions are well worth a listen.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. In reply to 'Wooly', by Email. I have no idea, but I should think it was written after considerable 'substance abuse'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think yourself lucky you didn't live on the banks of the Rhine about 15 years ago, Cro. The US Air force had been flying F16s etc., about 15 feet above the water since WW2 - especially on Sundays.

    The Commander in Chief was quoted as saying, "I am the last Riechschancellor of Germany, and don't you forget it!" Maybe the French Air force made a similar arrangement with your Mayor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just annoyed that I didn't get my cut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Nat King Cole's version of 'Straighten up and Fly Right' and practically everything he's recorded.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...