Thursday, 1 October 2026

I despair (yet again)

 

I see that a new 'Rainbow Alliance' by the UK's three left-wing parties; Labour, Lib-Dems, and The Greens, are working together to undermine the ruling of the EHRC (Equality and Human Rights Commission), to erode the principle of single sex spaces, and to ignore the legitimate concerns of women.

It seems that it is now only the Tories who stand-up for women's rights in the UK.

This is yet another classic example of political parties totally ignoring the wishes of the electorate in favour of loud-mouthed minority pressure groups.

As a 'middle-of-the-road' thinker, I find the whole business of men dressing as women in order the gain access to women-only areas inherently wrong. I have nothing against men dressing as women; here in Brighton it's a part of every day life. We respect peoples differences probably more than any other UK town, but it is plainly obvious to the majority that biological men should not use women's loos or changing areas. Nor should they take part in women's sports.

However, there is a left wing plot afoot to change the EHRC's rulings, and pander to the highly vocal 'trans' lobby.

I might be in the minority here, but I see this as further erosion of the decency and high standards that I was raised with. Once we break-down the differences between male and female, we really haven't much more to destroy.

I'm not throwing in the towel quite yet, but if these people have their way, I shall raise my white flag and eat all the hats I can find.

Women of Britain (and the world); you have my support!

13 comments:

  1. The clue is in the name - single sex spaces. Not some fantastical, meaningless garbage about 'gender', whatever that is. Sex is innate determined by genetics ( with a handful of oddities), and not changed by a meaningless piece of paper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those 'oddities' are so rare that you could count them on one hand. A man will always be genetically male, and a woman always genetically female. That's nature!

      Delete
  2. I despair too. In the hospital the toilets are for men and women. Just make up your mind and dress how you want. But unless you've had the operation then you are still male. I agree about separate changing rooms .Also no taking part in women's sport.That just isn't fair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yet the very vocal 'trans lobby' have managed to convince the gullible that they are now 'women'; they are NOT. Their chromosomes stay the same regardless of any nips-n-tucks.

      Delete
  3. Are you familiar with the travel writer Jan Morris? Which toilet should Jan have used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan Morris was a man, and as such should have used men's loos. What is so strange about that!

      Delete
    2. I disagree. In my opinion anyone who has undergone gender reassignment surgery and presents as male or female should use the bathroom of their reassigned sex, not their chromosomes. I don’t think that is an erosion of decency and high standards, I think it is compassionate.

      The best solution is, as YP, stated, unisex single units.

      Delete
  4. Over a long driving career there were many times when I had to make a quick dash into the men's toilets, because there were no facilities for women. I got some funny looks, but I was in and out in a nano second. I have to say, some of them were disgustingly filthy, but it had to be done. I would not do it now. I think unisex toilets are a step too far. Some blokes can't aim straight, and with the amount of spicy food that they eat, there are going to be a lot of pebble dashed toilet bowls. No, keep them out of women's bathrooms, whether they be dressed in a frock or pants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been in men's loos on several occasions when a mother came in with a small boy, and no-one took any notice.

      Delete
    2. Likewise little boys are much safer if they go into the Ladies toilets with their mother.

      Delete
    3. There may not have been a 'Ladies' available. I have no idea.

      Delete
  5. I was in the magnificent Hull Minster a month ago. There they have solved the gender toileting issue. There are six unisex cubicles with hand basins. It doesn't matter if you are male, female, transgender, gay, a monk, a nun, an alien from outer space of even someone from Down South - you can widdle or poo to your heart's content. No problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is by far the best solution, but these people won't be satisfied unless they have full access to women-only loos.

      Delete