I know absolutely nothing about Ed Sheeran's music, but if I was him, I'd stick two fingers up at the music industry, take the money, and RUN.
It's an interesting 21st Century bit of nonsense. On his current tour of the USA, Sheeran had an opening act called Macklemore, who was using Sheeran's name to further his career, and who spent most of his time on stage praising terrorism and damning Israel. It became so bad that the Stadium owner, Robert Kraft, insisted that Sheeran got rid of him. Then, in a very bizarre move, dozens of Macklemore's friends pulled-out of the show in his support, leaving Sheeran himself as the only person on stage (I'm hoping this resumé is roughly correct).
I was interested enough to follow-up the story concerning some Free-Palestine protesters who later made a nuisance of themselves outside the stadium in Philadelphia.
I looked through a swathe of pictures of the flag-waving, slogan-shouting, lovies, but failed to find one single woman wearing a hijab. If this demonstration had taken place in their beloved 'Palestine', they would all now be very bruised, and/or in prison.
That is the REALITY of what they wish for. Not the freedoms offered by Israel, but the endemic repression of Islam.
Sheeran is a very popular singer and must have made several £Millions by now. If I was him, I'd retire to somewhere pleasant and have nothing more to do with the whole music industry, and especially with those who use their music as a political platform. Other singers, as we all know, use the platform for racism, and even for class warfare.
When radical Woke politics enters the entertainment business, and affects your work in this way, it's time to call it a day.

Ed Sheeran did the gig by himself, holding the crowd as he always does with just his guitar and brilliant song writing talent.
ReplyDeleteHe lives in a village in Suffolk, he owns about three properties all screened from the road by huge fences and high hedges.
He regularly donates things to a local charity shop.
He is a good bloke, but I wish he'd not decided to go and perform and live in the US for a year.
I hope he comes home to Suffolk soon.
Listen to Castle on the Hill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0ibBPhiaG0 one of his early songs about growing up in Framlingham
I've seen photos of his 'extensive' property in Suffolk.
DeleteI don't think he deserves this treatment by the pro-Palestine people. This Macklemore person's views have nothing to do with Sheeran himself. If I was Sheeran I'd be furious.
And so many people cancelled their seats. It must be difficult for young people though - "Who are we woke about this week?"
ReplyDeleteSomeone else's opinions, and eventual removal, had nothing to do with Sheeran, yet he is the one who suffered whilst all the others are treated as heroes.
DeleteThey should all just stick to music but there are some like this Macklemore who find a captive audience and have to start spouting their political views.
ReplyDeleteDon't know Sheeran or his music .
I only know his name, but he's a big 'star'. It's a shame when politics enters the entertainment business. There's a time and place for everything.
DeletePersonally, I hope that Ed Sheeran performs his own version of Michael Heart's song..."We Will Not Go Down (In Gaza Tonight)"...
ReplyDeleteA blinding flash of white light
Lit up the sky over Gaza tonight
People running for cover
Not knowing whether they
Â're dead or alive
They came with their tanks and their planes
With ravaging fiery flames
And nothing remains
Just a voice rising up in the smoky haze
We will not go downIn the night, without a fight
You can burn up our mosques and our homes and our schools
But our spirit will never die
We will not go down
In Gaza tonight
No doubt the Israeli version of that song was written decades ago, and the attacks have been relentless ever since.
DeleteAgain you are writing your own false version. Asking for a free Palestine and kick out the "illegal" terrorist settlers in the West Bank is a legitime wish. Israel is building the Zionist dream from the river to the sea. Yes yes 8It's the opinion of a world wide Jewish community who is ashamed and scandalized about what happens in Gaza and the West Bank.Netanyahu and his 84government are evil people and don't dare to call me an antisemit. I'm NOT.
DeleteI have a lovely lady who regularly leaves comments here who lives under constant bombardment from both Hamas and Hezbollah. She is a grandmother, who is permanently rushing for the safety of a shelter; and has been for decades. None of you Hamas supporters ever mention this, only after Hamas slaughtered all those men women and children on Oct 7th, and Israel decide to take revenge on Hamas, do you all start blaming Israel. There's a lot more to this war than you anti-Israel people seem to understand. Wear your blinkers if you will, but one thing I would guarantee is that people like you would prefer to live in a peaceful Israel, rather than under Hamas's terrorist state.
Delete