That certainly is classic Ska, and beautifully enhanced by all the brass. I think 'Madness' took the crown as the top Pop/commercial Ska Band. But you mentioned Focus. Surely not the brilliant Dutch group Focus with Thijs van Leer and Jan Akkermann.
I only have one Focus album; Focus 3. However I've just had a look at the play list and I don't see 'Confucius' mentioned. I'm now wondering if was on some other album from the same era. It was a Rock/Jazz version that was superb.
Ah, Focus 3. I don't have that one. But I do have 'Focus Live at The Rainbow. The first half is pure relaxing chill out music until it bursts into Hocus Pocus followed by Sylvia. Yet one would think that Ska music and Rock band Focus would be miles apart, musical taste wise.
Ska is very popular at the moment. Music appears in adverts, incidental music., and even supermarket muzak. I've always been a fan, especially with Instrumental Ska.
The Out of Control Army never performed on a Focus album. Confucius is on an album together with the Melbourne Ska Orchestra. I saw a concert of Out of Control Army last year in Mexico City. A great event. Thrilling ! Linda
That certainly is classic Ska, and beautifully enhanced by all the brass. I think 'Madness' took the crown as the top Pop/commercial Ska Band.
ReplyDeleteBut you mentioned Focus. Surely not the brilliant Dutch group Focus with Thijs van Leer and Jan Akkermann.
I only have one Focus album; Focus 3. However I've just had a look at the play list and I don't see 'Confucius' mentioned. I'm now wondering if was on some other album from the same era. It was a Rock/Jazz version that was superb.
DeleteAh, Focus 3. I don't have that one. But I do have 'Focus Live at The Rainbow. The first half is pure relaxing chill out music until it bursts into Hocus Pocus followed by Sylvia. Yet one would think that Ska music and Rock band Focus would be miles apart, musical taste wise.
ReplyDeleteSka is very popular at the moment. Music appears in adverts, incidental music., and even supermarket muzak. I've always been a fan, especially with Instrumental Ska.
DeleteMakes ya feel like dancin' dude!
ReplyDeleteSure does!
DeleteThe Out of Control Army never performed on a Focus album. Confucius is on an album together with the Melbourne Ska Orchestra. I saw a concert of Out of Control Army last year in Mexico City. A great event. Thrilling !
ReplyDeleteLinda
I don't think the OCA were even a twinkle in their mother's eye when Focus were around. A Ska big-band with plenty of brass, is as good as it gets.
Delete