There's something very nice about sitting outside in the sunshine, watching the world go by, and eating an Ice Cream.
So here she is, the infamous Lady Magnon, enjoying what will probably be her final 'Magnum' of 2026.
It's been a great Summer, with plenty of hot weather, plenty of swimming, and plenty of Ice Cream.
There has also been sadness, with the loss of our very good friend Margaret B. We attended her funeral this last weekend.
Our only real moan from 2026 has been the total lack of decent local restaurants. When we first came to live in this part of France there were wonderful restaurants EVERYWHERE, and they were amazingly cheap. We couldn't believe how well one could eat for next to nothing. There was still huge pride taken in one of France's most renowned gastronomic areas. Sadly this has now gone.
2026 will also be remembered for my meeting a large Wild Boar in the middle of the night. He came to within about a metre of me before running off. I've seen them before, but at a much greater distance; and in daylight.
However, all in all it's been yet another wonderful Summer. Soon we'll be back in Blighty where we're promised a cold and wet Winter; with just our memories to keep us warm.
A l'année prochaine (hopefully).


The Wild Boar was probably frightened by The Wild Bore he met in the wood. It had a beard and spoke like a BBC newscaster of the nineteen fifties. That wild pig probably ran wee-wee-wee all the way home to eat a nutty Cro Magnum.
ReplyDeleteMy midnight meeting with the Boar was quite frightening. I believe they can attack. When I looked at the film on our security camera, I saw that he'd just been trying to tip-over an outdoor chair. He was a big beast.
DeleteEating icecream, and a Magnum too, with that view. Another glorious summer. One of many more to come I hope. Such a pity those restaurants no longer exist. Your little corner of paradise has changed too. But you do have those French supermarkets full of gourmet goodies. I presume you're stocking up to get you through that cold wet British winter
ReplyDelete