Saturday, 26 September 2026

Full-ish Engl-ish


Friday mornings mean just one thing; breakfast with Kimbo at 7 am (on the dot).

Kimbo (like me) is a very good time-keeper. I can prepare everything in advance so that when he walks through the door, he makes us both a coffee (his job), and we immediately sit down to eat.

Yesterday's breakfast was a tad meagre; sadly there was no Haggis or Black Pudding on offer.

I do try to make changes. We recently enjoyed a Cheese and Ham Omelette together, and just occasionally we have a French breakfast of Croissants with Apricot Jam.


However, yesterday we had Baked Beans on Luxury Toast (the crusts were cut off), fried Egg, Bacon, and a single sausage. Not my usual gut-buster; but very nice even so.

Over the coming week I will experiment with different methods of Poaching Eggs, so that next Friday we will hopefully enjoy our Eggs not fried, but perfectly poached.

 

14 comments:

  1. How about a perfectly poached egg and smoked salmon on an English muffin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds lovely. I've just cooked another breakfast for my Grandson. He's come to help us with some decorating.

      Delete
  2. It's quite a while since I've had a full English breakfast, but seeing photos and reading descriptions of yours always makes my mouth water! Usually I have poached egg on toast, or it's scrambled, if the egg breaks as I crack it. On You Tube I found a good way for a perfect scrambled egg, which I think I told you about some time ago. I was so pleased with the perfect results. Sadly I think the eggs now come from a different supplier as the whites tend to be more runny and spread out when dropped into the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely, the only Eggs I don't like are scrambled. I have no idea why, but I just can't eat them.

      Delete
  3. That's Coppa's Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And that should read poached egg, not scrambled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you and Kimbo find to say to each other over breakfast? Surely, you have said everything by now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd be surprised. We put the world to rights, decide what to do with all the Socialists/Communists in the UK, and we decide on new names for most the Northern Counties.

      Delete
    2. Lol like the father so the son ....Oh my dear.Roger and Seth.

      Delete
  6. The rest of the world, will never understand the British eating baked beans at breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose I'm very English; I do enjoy some BB's for breakfast. I like them for lunch and supper too!

      Delete
  7. I love that sort of breakfast but can no longer stomach it in the morning, especially so early! Around about 11 with a glass of something is more our style these days. I've gone off baked beans too. Hadn't had them from r years and now no longer like them.
    My mother always cut off the crusts!! Good Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cutting off the crusts makes toast so much better. It really does become 'Luxury Toast'.

      Delete
  8. Cro, I like baked beans... but not for breakfast. But then, I tend to do toast and tea most days. And I guess I may try cutting the crust off toast - especially when making fried eggs and soldiers (on occasion). Question: you don't like scrambled eggs... how do you make an omelette?

    ReplyDelete