Monday, 10 August 2026

Mr Arday


So much has been written about this scoundrel, that there's almost nothing more to say.

I have had very few 'jobs' in my life where a CV was required. They were for positions at The London Stock Exchange, and two teaching jobs; both in prestigious private schools. I told the truth (which in my case was quite basic), and I was accepted on merit. I didn't feel the need to invent sporting prowess, charitable exploits, or even early-age mental disabilities.


The most shocking aspect of Mr Arday's numerous deceptions are not his own fantasies, but the inability of the Cambridge University's Appointments Board to see past such an obvious display of LIES. Some of his claimed exploits even happened before he was born!

We all know that Cambridge has recently become a hotbed of woke equality, and dumbing-down. But to put transparently woke diversity ethics before the good name of Cambridge University, is tantamount to TREASON.

Mr Arday will now disappear (unless he writes a book, saying how it was all a big social experiment, in the style of Frank Abagnale jr), but the Dungaree-wearing lovies who interviewed and employed him should be investigated and SACKED.

The University's 'Diversity Poster Boy' has been seen for what he is. An absolute FRAUD.


12 comments:

  1. Didn't he already have a book deal for his autobiography??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he did, he might need to make a few changes. From a book to a slim pamphlet.

      Delete
  2. There's a lot of trust in the academic world. Perhaps too much of it. It was only when I accepted a post-retirement temporary teaching post in Bangkok that I was asked to show my degree certificate. I had never been asked to show it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I was asked to show mine ever. But I have an honest face!!!

      Delete
  3. I think the only time I had to furnish a degree certificate was when I emigrated (having a degree was worth a certain number of points). After that, degrees and qualifications were noted on the resumè but never shown. I also hired people and never checked their qualifications, though HR would have checked references.

    As YP said there is a lot of trust in the academic world. He has taken in both Cambridge and Oxford.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite expect that the whole academic world will have been given a good shake-up. From now on they'll be checking every single word!

      Delete
  4. Even more worrying was a man claiming to be a suitably qualified doctor in obstetrics, and it was not discovered until he had left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that people pretending to be Doctors has always been a problem. One would have thought that it was easy to check their qualifications. Worse would be a DENTIST!!!

      Delete
  5. Wasn't there a character once called Billy Liar from a book by Keith Waterhouse about a sort of Walter Mitty character.
    Although to be honest when I first saw a picture of this person I thought it was a female. I must have been looking at online thumbnail images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember that there was a Billy Liar film with either Tom Courtney or Albert Finney playing the part of Billy (I didn't see it). Something must have encouraged him to invent so many bizarre stories; he must have had a lot of fun.

      Delete
  6. Why is he so shiny??? His skin is like an oil slick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He certainly stands-out from the crowd. Perhaps that was part of his success.

      Delete