Wednesday, 22 July 2026

Birthday Boy.

 

Today is my birthday; I am 80.

I don't like being 80. I was perfectly happy being 79.

I'm trying to be positive, and to think of the benefits of being so ancient; but frankly it's all a bit gloomy.

So, Happy Birthday to me. I hope that people will NOT try to 'wind me up', let me enjoy my day without incident, and allow me to commiserate with my inner self, in peace. 

p.s. I have woken this morning with a very sore throat, a bunged-up nose, a burning sensation in my chest, a headache, and a general feeling of being unwell. Poor old soul !!! Still; I shan't let it spoil my day.

55 comments:

  1. Happy birthday. I am glad you won't let your ailments spoil your day. Kick your heals up and have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on another trip around the sun. One of your guests probably brought some bugs with them! A terrible gift.😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Children and planes are the greatest carriers of bugs. I quite expect it came from one or the other.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Cro. Hope the bugs don't spoil your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Hope it's full of love and laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As the Russians say, the alternative is worse! Very few ailments can stand up to a bottle of champagne and a decent meal. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two of my grandsons have given me a bottle of Dom Perignon. I hardly dare open it.

      Delete
  6. Happy 80th... enjoy the day and ignore your troubles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Cro, many of us are not that far behind you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not nice is it. We have to make the best of it.

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday Cro! Hope you have a lovely day despite your ailments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 'ailments' seem to be calming a bit. I took some pills!

      Delete
  9. Very Happy Birthday young man! Hope you feel better later and able to celebrate. .......(I had a hip replacement the day before my 80th last year so wasn't doing much celebrating on the day!! )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness. That's really not the way to celebrate your 80th. I presume it was all worth it in the end.

      Delete
  10. Happy Birthday Cro. Hope you feel a bit better as the day goes on. At least you are celebrating in a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a lovely spot, and I've been 'breakfasting' with some of my favourite people.

      Delete
  11. Have a very happy birthday. Hope you feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too bad. I thought it would be worse.

      Delete
  12. Happy birthday Cro - a good vintage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think so. I'm quite surprised I made it to 80.

      Delete
  13. Happy Birthday Cro. At least you are able to celebrate it in the glorious bolt hole you have created. Have a splash in the pool, and a glass of whatever you fancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a lovely spot to celebrate; which I quite intend to do.

      Delete
  14. Happy birthday hope your lurgy doesn't develop. πŸŽ‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be behaving itself so far; the pills help.

      Delete
  15. Many happy returns Cro. I hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you T. It's another 'stinker' here again. So in and out of the pool all day.

      Delete
  16. birthday commiserations then...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday youngster. Enjoy your self..Live is still good at 86.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be; you have the most beautifully named blog in all of the cyber-world.

      Delete
  18. Wishing you a very happy birthday Cro and good health. I hope you feel better fast. May you enjoy the company and comaradie of all your visitors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't feel too bad, just a bit 'woozy'. It'll pass.

      Delete
  19. I believe sipping a glass of expensive bubbly and a soak in your lovely pool is an absolute must for you today. Hoping the cold symptoms can be chased away by both with the help of a little medication too. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Cro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about that cure as well. I'm doing my best to comply.

      Delete
  20. Happy birthday Cro!! 🎊 πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚πŸΎπŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday! Enjoy the day, your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very hot here, so it's mostly an indoor day. I've already completed four crosswords.

      Delete
  22. Happy Birthday Cro, have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  23. Getting old is better than not getting old. And age is just a number.
    Have a good day with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Many happy returns of the day. It is good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Birthday Cro and it is wonderful to see you back. Enjoy your special day
    with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well! No wonder you're such a Wise Guy! I celebrate my birthdays for a whole week. And everyday I go out and buy myself a birthday present. I'm going to milk that sucker for all it's worth! Happy Birthday, Fellow Traveler.

    ReplyDelete