Tuesday, 25 August 2026

Handy Hints


My French supermarket (Leclerc) could never be accused of not giving good advice to its customers; including me.

You can imagine how pleased I was to see these handy hints printed on the side of a paper bag in the fruit/veg section. It probably doesn't need translating, but I will anyway.

                                   

1. Take the bag

2. Open the bag

3. Place hand beneath the bag to avoid tearing

4. Put food in bag

I really don't know what I would have done without these tips, along with the handy illustrations. I would have been all of a dither, confused, and panicking.

So, thank you M Leclerc; you saved my day.

4 comments:

  1. The world is going bonkers. I ate a two finger Kitkat yesterday. On the wrapper, in miniscule instructions, was how to remove the chocolate so the wrapper stays in one piece. Easier to recycle so they say. Now you've prompted me to photograph it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never noticed these instructions before. I can't have been paying enough attention!

      Delete
  2. At our ages, this could come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did with me. I'd have had my Brussels Sprouts all over the floor otherwise!

      Delete