Sunday, 16 December 2012

No Deal (a sunday rant).


The European Commission recently INSISTED that my bank, The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), sell-off part of its UK banking business, including RBS branches in England and Wales.

I was informed that the sale was going through to piss-poor Spanish bank Santander; this has now fallen through.... Thank goodness!

Who are these bloody anonymous unelected over-paid European bloody bureaucrats who dare give such instructions to the UK government? And why doesn't the UK government just tell them to piss off?

I wonder how much money (MY money) has been spent on this unsuccessful and unnecessary takeover? 

Are either Germany or France ever told that they must sell off their major businesses or industries to other EU countries? Somehow methinks NOT. 

Tails between your legs, you bloody Spaniards......  Scuttle off home to your paella; and don't come back!

p.s. And while I'm on the subject, be very aware that the European Commission is trying to diminish Britain's hold on European FX trading. They want to 'SHARE IT AROUND' more. As The City of London contributes around 15% of all government tax revenue (a MASSIVE amount for just one square mile of the UK), one can imagine what the EC's plans would do to Britain's economy. 

BEWARE!!!!!!

15 comments:

  1. The whole EU business is out of control. The EU should break itself up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite expect that'll happen naturally; given time.

      Delete
  2. "British" "politicians" are a truly spineless lot. We should back out of Europe, stop apologising to the moaning ex-colonies and stop paying "aid" money to them and then assume the business model of Taiwan. We should make ourselves the island just off Europe where dodgy manufacturing, dodgy import-export and the old Swiss-style anonymous bank-accounts abound (at, say, a flat ten percent tax rake-off, no more, no less, no questions asked). No-one in Europe actually likes us and we haven't been truly "European" since the channel flooded after the last ice age, so sod 'em all. Abroad is quite nice for holidays, but not at all for politics.

    Other than that, I'm quite a liberal chap, really. ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fact that so many think like you, is why they keep putting off the referendum; although gawd knows why!

      Delete
  3. I feel like I left the room for a moment and when I came back someone had sold my house and all that is in it without asking me...or even making themselves known to me...leaving me powerless and speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree absolutely with Owl Wood (even to the point of claiming to be a liberal- chapess in my case!)In the 'real' world, the vast majority of us can see how all this covert control of our country by an unelected bunch of fat cats is harming us but the politicians are in it for themselves, of course. They don't care at all about the rest of us and, worse, have no concept of the reality of our lives. (There, rant over - you should hear my dad on the subject!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like your Dad and I would get on well together.

      Delete
  5. Yep I agree with the Owl and the Hippo too!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm slightly ashamed to admit I've stopped fighting. I've stopped worrying and nearly stopped bothering, and I've stopped ranting (almost) and my life is a lot more pleasant for it.
    I'm reckoning if I use less energy getting peed off about all these things, I'll get done the things I actually want to get done (if I can stay dry long enough!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The UK government should have paid heed to General Charles De Gaulle when he said Non!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have given up expecting any sense or reason in anyting to do with banking. I'm hoping someone gives me Robert Peston's book for Christmas, mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're being a bit rash, Cro. Let 'em scurry back to Spain, sure, but why not have them leave some of that paella behind? (That's good stuff!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually hoping to join them in Barcelona for the paella.

      Delete
  10. If i substituted Owl Wood's "British" for "US," i could point to thousands on this side of the Pond who would nod most emphatically. Of course, we were never considered part of Europe, just a colonial place to be exploited. Irony being that we didn't like the exploitation revolted, and then exploited like all get out.

    sigh

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...